Summary of Position:
Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads, and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and serve a variety of foods following pre-set menus
- Carry out regular checks of kitchen equipment(e.g. mixers, fryer, utensils, work surfaces) in accordance with specified procedures to ensure all equipment is hygienic and in safe working order and complies with regulations
- Undertake simple stock control, reporting goods to be ordered to the relevant senior staff to ensure adequate supplies are maintained.
- Undertake the cleaning of the kitchen and surrounding areas and also equipment to ensure the kitchen is maintained to a high level
- Ensure the security of the kitchen and storerooms is maintained at all times to provide a safe working environment.
- Comply with Health & Safety, Fire Regulations and other policies
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time(up to 8 hours).