A Bus Person facilitates food service and provides clearing and cleaning duties to ensure efficiency. A Bus Person is responsible for assisting servers when required and re-stocking all service areas.
- Ensure proper set up in all areas of the establishment
- Replenish food and beverage supplies to the appropriate area when needed
- Clear dishes from tables and other necessary areas to ensure a high standard of table maintenance
- Prepare tables for meal, including the complete setup of linens, silverware and glassware
- Provide food and beverage service to assist servers when required
- Prepare dishes for washing by and scraping and stacking them according to proper standards
- Provide cleaning duties when needed for spilled food or drink
- Maintain adequate supplies of linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, and trays
- Prepare coffee and tea as needed
- Greet customers in a professional manner
- Clean and refill condiments and polish silverware as in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Wash glasses and other serving equipment in the bar area.
- Customer Service: Excellent customer care to the public. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communication: Exceptional communication and positive representation of the restaurant to customers and other external parties. This includes verbal and written communications.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative work relationships with others. Participate in a team oriented work environment.
- Problem Solving: Identify relevant information by categorizing, estimating, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Quality Control and Priority Assessment: Assess the value, and importance of products and customer needs to maintain a high standard of quality.
- Performing General Physical Activities: Performing physical activities that require moderate lifting/